Re: Dual or 8 core CPU

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:51:24 -0600

On 2006-02-07, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Chan wrote:
>> I have a question on how oracle consider IBM DUAL or Sun 8 core CPUS.
>> ie. Consider as dual CPU's and assign two physical process to each CPU?
>
> Ask your Oracle sales rep. We can not speak to issues regarding your
> licensing with whatever unnamed Oracle product and version you are
> inquiring about.

        You make it sound like Oracle has custom licensing for every one of their n+1. Obviously this can't be the case since even this would not quite scale even for Oracle. So obviously there needs to be a default model that even someone like you could cite a reference to.

--
	OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop.      |||
				                               / | \

                http://www.usenet.com