Re: Calling external Unix Shell Script and pass a Parameter from Database Trigger

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 24 Feb 2006 07:29:46 -0800

azizz_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> I was skeptical to post here at first, but now I am very pleased I did,
> I got answers quickly than I did posting to Oracle Metalink.
>
> Keep up the good work.

Well as long as we are have a party, thanks for your update!

One of the things that does frustrate at times people that do help here on c.d.o.s is that often the "responders" don't hear back and aren't sure if the OP ultimately was able to use successfully the help they provided.

There are certainly other ways of doing what you wanted, such as having a plsql procedure invoke a java procedure inside the database, and the java procedure interacting with the os.

But if you are happy and learning it's all good. Received on Fri Feb 24 2006 - 09:29:46 CST