Re: License model

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:48:59 GMT

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:24:11 +0100, astalavista wrote:

> Thanks all for your answers ..
>
> We have installed a lot of EE
> and don't use any EE facilities ...
> Are we correct to the license like SE or SEone ?
> Or we have to downgrade the edition ? and how ?

One of the features of EE is the ability to legally use more than 4 CPUs for one instance.

> We use Tomcat as Application server
> is it 1 named user ? or more

In which case you *may* be duplicating the capability of EE in your code. I've seen a lot of Java developers do that. (I'm teaching a Java course right now - having exactly that discussion.)

If so, then you need to ask - is it cheaper to pay for a person developing and maintaining redundant code, or elimiate that code and learn to use EE properly.

> Development databases are free ?

Read the Development License agreement.

--
Hans Forbrich