Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:25:46 -0800

Tony Rogerson wrote:

>>I will have to verify if this is true. Last time I checked it was not.

> Its fully documented here, nothing to verify, but do come back and
> report!
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2006/01/RunningSAP/default.aspx
>
> Heres some more documentation on it, quote "Our SAP system alone has
> processed more than 7 million invoices and 13.5 billion transactions on
> SQL Server 2005."
> http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/letter.mspx

Public relations pieces is not what I mean by check into it.

What I mean is that I work about 2 miles from the Microsoft campus. That I have many former students that work there. And that often there is more to any story than what is released. I'll not report back but I'll still check it out.

Did you actually touch SQL Server 2005 in the fall of 2004? Would you have trusted your mother's cookie recipies to it? Give it some thought. Microsoft may be many many things but suicidal is not on the list.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org