Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: Galen Boyer <galen_boyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2006 18:02:02 -0600

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, srielau_at_ca.ibm.com wrote:
> Galen Boyer wrote:

>> On 19 Feb 2006, galen_boyer_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>>    When would you ever want to read uncommitted records?

> Uncommitted read is just fine for anything statistical.
> When mining a DSS or ODS system there is no need to get exact data.
> Whether someone returned a pair of shoes or not is irrelevant for
> trend analysis.

This is an example of when it might be _okay_ to read uncommitted records. I want to know when you would _choose_ to read uncommitted records over reading committed records.

You go to your boss and say, boss, we have the capability of reading committed records vs uncommitted records in this query. I would like to the query to retrieve uncommitted records over the committed records and here is why [Insert Tony's explanation here].

--
Galen Boyer