Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2006 14:31:50 -0800

> I will have to verify if this is true. Last time I checked it was not.

Its fully documented here, nothing to verify, but do come back and report!
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2006/01/RunningSAP/default.aspx

Heres some more documentation on it, quote "Our SAP system alone has processed more than 7 million invoices and 13.5 billion transactions on SQL Server 2005."
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/letter.mspx

> But they moved to their own Beta in 2004? Seems highly unlikely given
> how "well" the Beta was functioning then.

It shows how stable the features required to run SAP where in Aug 2004, also how confident they where that it would work, I'm mean putting your critical business systems on such an early release - now that really shows confidence and I wish all other software vendors would also state the reputation (and business) on their own products before asking punters to adopt them !

Like all the customers on TAP, they will have got direct support from the dev team. Received on Tue Feb 21 2006 - 16:31:50 CST