Re: How do I trace hanging "connect / as sysdba"?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2006 15:04:38 -0800

>Miracle - it has suddenly started working and I have successfully
>created a database using dbca!

Did you reboot the machine? Sometimes very odd things can happen with multiple failed tries of installing or creating a db or service. You might want to search this group for information about cleaning up all traces of an oracle install. Part of the problem can be sticky dll's, another part can be messy registry entries. Sometimes it's merely a matter of using oradim to delete and create a service.

I've seen so many bizarro PC hardware problems, I'll believe anything there. And I make a point of trying to avoid them as much as possible.

Symantec firewall on wife's XP just decided to block everything IE a few days ago. Sheesh. Is there a shoot-foot=true registry entry?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB114047541194578433-i_f5CKcMhkn_DJU3LiXh4T67h74_20070220.html?mod=blogs