Re: Database or store to handle 30 Mb/sec and 40,000 inserts/sec

From: Tony Rogerson <tonyrogerson_at_sqlserverfaq.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 18:31:01 -0000

Here is just one from:
http://www.orafaq.com/faq/RDBMS_Server/Internals/faq503.htm

1, "ITL shortage deadlocks"
2, High transaction activity on tables with bitmap indexes.

Would you like me find and quote more?

I'd say thats architecture, i doubt you would though or is the point where you backtrack and spout some other "factual" information?

Deadlocks can be avoided in any database system by coding properly.

--
Tony Rogerson
SQL Server MVP