Re: Free Oracle Server for intranet?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2006 17:31:28 -0800

>Anyway, you aren't forced to use Windows, use whatever OS makes YOU
>productive, if that is linix, an ibm mainframe VTAM terminal etc.. then
>nobody should have a problem with that.

I am forced to use windows. Fortunately, I'm forced to use it to access unix/oracle, because SQL-Server can't handle it! (The [manufacturing/financials] app does run on both, it just wimps out before it can scale to our size on your favored db. And that's even with it being written to a lowest-common-denominator db, namely yours, it could do much better if more specifically oracle-aware).

Too much of my productivity is blown away by Windows-specific problems.  But it's NOT MY DECISION TO MAKE. It is kinda funny to watch accountants look at me with scrolling dollar signs in their eyes when Windows makes me idle.

>When you have a few years experience in IT and a broader skillset I might
>take you seriously.

When you figure out how to use google to figure out how long before you people were posting on usenet, we might stop laughing at you.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.amasci.com/~billb/cgi-bin/instr/instr.html#menw