ETL between 2 Oracle 9i databases?

From: <Daniel.Brian.Ellis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2006 06:11:46 -0800

I am from the SQL Server world and I'm very confused regarding my options. I have 2 Oracle 9i databases, each running on a Sun Solaris 9 box. A typical situation will involve pulling data from database A, doing simple transforms and inserting the data into database B. This process would only need to run nightly or weekly and would not require it to be real-time. If I was on SQL Server I could do this with Data Transformation Services. What are my options with Oracle? I would prefer to just write a stored procedure or two but I'm not sure what the rules and standard practices are for all of this. Thanks in advance for any help. Received on Fri Feb 03 2006 - 08:11:46 CST