Identifying Application Spawned Connections

From: Michael42 <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2006 06:13:44 -0800

Hello,

On an Oracle 9i database running on Solaris 8 I need to identify how many connections are being created by some custom applications. I am doing this as we suspect yhey are not ideally managing database connections and as the DBA I need to prove the case before getting the vendor to make the required changes. Ugg.

In OEM I can see all the connections but need to go a bit deeper. Perhaps this is a UNIX related question to as I may need to correlate PIDs to Oracle connections etc.

What can you recommend?

Thanks,

Michael42 Received on Fri Feb 03 2006 - 08:13:44 CST