Re: dual server configuration question

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 02:45:59 GMT

"z" <z_at_y.x.invalid> wrote in

> "IANAL_VISTA" <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> "z" <z_at_y.x.invalid> wrote in

>> GOOGLE is your friend, but only when you use it.
>>
>> All the answers can also be found at:
>> http://tahiti.oracle.com if you are willing to RTFM

> Dear Ms. IANAL,
>
> I've already been through oracle SEs for most
> of these questions. That is something I pay
> for but the answers that I get are vague or delayed
> and generally not useful. Those oracle SE guys
> are paid to know or get the answers to these
> kinds of questions every day so please
> cut me some slack.

I did cut you some slack.
I provided the URL to all of Oracle's documenation set; which contains answers to all your questions. With free advice, you get what you paid for it!

> My requirements are being shifted on me from day to day, while my
> deadlines remain the same.

Which is of no concern to me; unless & until you, your boss or corporation is willing to hire me.

> So yes I could read the friendly manual, but
> it would take time and even then it would not
> lead to certainty. I'm looking for a consensus
> and I am willing to acknowledge that I have
> limitations and that there are things I do not know.

The consensus is that you are unwilling to make any effort to answer your own questions.

Rather than relying on the kindness (& correctness) of strangers, you could simply test the various combinations and determine for yourself which works & which does not. In the process, you might actually learn something about Oracle. Received on Wed Jan 25 2006 - 20:45:59 CST