Re: saving an entire schema to disk

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2006 13:50:13 -0800

RSummersJr_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I'm not trying to save the portal, I just wanted to save two schemas
> and their associated files to disk. can that be done?

Small point of order .... schemas don't have files. A schema's objects reside in a file or files, but those files are not NECESSARILY exclusive to a particular schema.

For what you are trying to do, the files themselves are immaterial. Export is what you want. It can write all of the schema's table data, and all of its object definitions to a .dmp file from where all can be restored (imported) back into most any Oracle database. Read up on EXP and IMP in the Utilities manual, found at tahiti.oracle.com. Learn to work from the native OS command line. Received on Wed Jan 11 2006 - 15:50:13 CST