Re: saving an entire schema to disk

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 12 Jan 2006 14:01:15 -0800

Rick wrote:

>the main screen it just says oracle portal on it, and my main goal is
>to just export everything from this one schema over to cd.

The portal software has it's own type of export, much different than the export talked about in this thread. Using the export referred to in this thread on portals is an extremely advanced dba function, described in some documentation on metalink such as Note:228516.1.

The portal export is called Transport Sets IIRC. It creates a command file for your platform that runs the correct export command (for the export that _is_ being talked about in this thread). Search on metalink.oracle.com for the exact phrase transport set and you will get a number of sets of instructions (like Note:306785.1), it is important that you know which version of OAS and Portal you are using. You need to know your portal schema and portal password (which IIRC is something you can look up in a GUI, not the one that the RDBMS thinks is the password).

I would point you towards the relevant docs at tahiti.oracle.com, but it seems to be down right now, and I'm not working on Portal these days. Things can be set up in a number of ways, so the most correct answer would be "See Your DBA."

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
snapple.  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/12/sun_apple_snapple/