Re: Which Linux?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 10 Jan 2006 07:17:46 -0800

Steve wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 17:32:05 +0000, Andy Hassall wrote:

> >>No quite. WB is RHEL3, CentOS is RHEL4.
> >
> > There's a newer version of WhiteBox - WBEL4:
> >
> > http://beau.org/pipermail/whitebox-announce/2005-May/000077.html
> > " * This release is starting out with i386 (ia32) and AMD64
> > (x86_64/ia32e) ports built from the exact same source package set, which
> > is RHEL4 updated with all errata released through April 30."
>
> About that time, there was a single page on the WB site, suggesting
> that you tried CentOS instead, as they were giving up active development.
> Obviously being slashdotted soon after changed their minds for them. By
> then I'd taken their advice.
>
> Sorry for the out of date info.

It's only off a little. Obviously WBEL and the people that created it did a great favor for many of us.

WBEL put out version 4 in May of 2005. The comments on the front page of their website still note the approach of the hurricane ( I think they are in Beauregard parish somewhere in the western side of LA ).

Centos has put out 4, 4.1 and 4.2 Received on Tue Jan 10 2006 - 09:17:46 CST