Re: Which Linux?

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 13:35:04 -0600

On 2006-01-08, Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk> wrote:
> On 7 Jan 2006 03:23:53 -0800, jbmorla_at_gmail.com wrote:
>
>>So my question is: Anyone installed 10 G 2 on a given Linux and lives
>>happy ever after?
>
> The other posters have mentioned Whitebox Linux - I've used this successfully
> for test machines before; since it's practically identical to RedHat Enterprise
> Linux 4, it's useful for learning and initial testing before moving to an
> Oracle supported distribution for production.

        Call me silly but...

        If you are planning on using a product that may very well cost you tends of thousands of dollars per cpu, why not just get a legitimate copy of the OS you plan to use it on?

        Otherwise, you could just use ANY distribution and massage the distro's identity files accordingly.

[deletia]