Re: AIO on ASM

From: Fabrizio Magni <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 11:26:43 +0100

sagyvolkov_at_gmail.com wrote:
> No, You are not confusing.
> I got a question for you, have tried running RAC using NFS but not with
> a netapp box, just with plain NFS? I heard a roumor about RH GFS as a
> way to do it, but have not found any web references on how to actually
> do it.

NFS improved a lot in the latest versions but still, in my opinion, the most important part is the right choice of the mounting options.

There is a old HOWTO of suse:
http://ftp.novell.com/partners/oracle/docs/9iR2-RAC_sles8_nfs.txt

and you can find several discussions on the suse-oracle mailing list about this topic.

I'm only used NFS for testing. I don't know how it can perform on production (or if it is certified).

For GFS:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/oracle-guide/ http://www.redhat.com/software/rha/gfs/

but I have never tested it.

Regards