Re: AIO on ASM

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 11:02:32 -0800

Fabrizio Magni wrote:
> sagyvolkov_at_gmail.com wrote:
>

>> No, You are not confusing.
>> I got a question for you, have tried running RAC using NFS but not with
>> a netapp box, just with plain NFS? I heard a roumor about RH GFS as a
>> way to do it, but have not found any web references on how to actually
>> do it.
>>

> NFS improved a lot in the latest versions but still, in my opinion, the
> most important part is the right choice of the mounting options.
>
> There is a old HOWTO of suse:
> http://ftp.novell.com/partners/oracle/docs/9iR2-RAC_sles8_nfs.txt
>
> and you can find several discussions on the suse-oracle mailing list
> about this topic.
>
> I'm only used NFS for testing. I don't know how it can perform on
> production (or if it is certified).
>
> For GFS:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/oracle-guide/
> http://www.redhat.com/software/rha/gfs/
>
> but I have never tested it.
>
> Regards

The best way to handle NFS mounting of a device with Oracle is to talk to the hardware vendor. NetApp and EMC will provide the appropriate, and supported connection string. I am sure others will too.

Here is a sample of what NetApp provided for an F810 in my lab. mount –t nfs –o
rw,bg,hard,intr,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,noac,nolock,tcp,vers=3 10.128.1.4:/vol/vol0 /mnt

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org