Re: Multiple SID's (instances) possible with Oracle 8 (Unix)?

From: <gschnei_at_genre.com>
Date: 28 Dec 2005 12:11:23 -0800

Hi Frank,

what do you mean with "loading double byte cs into single byte instance"? Is WE8ISO8859P1 singlebyte? If so, then I think that the JDBC-driver from Oracle is doing the job of conversion.

I've now doenloaded the OracleMigrationWorkbench and try to migrate our MySQLData directly, see if that's an option.

Btw., the error-message I got when using SQLLoader to load UTF-8 into the KO16KCS5601 instance was ORA-02353 MultibyteCharacter error, but this message and Google didn't help much either.

Anyways, keep your fingers crosses that OMWB's working...

Cheers!

Greg Received on Wed Dec 28 2005 - 14:11:23 CST