HTML DB 101

From: Michael42 <melliott42_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Dec 2005 10:25:55 -0800

Hello,

Oracle 9i (9.2.0.6) on Solaris 8 I want to create some simple web interfaces into my Oracle 9i database. I do not want to install a separate web application (i.e. OAS etc.) if I can avoid it. I have never used HTML DB.

  1. Will HTML DB allow me to achieve the above?
  2. If yes, can you please point me to current install and script docs for this?
  3. Is HTML DB available in 10g also? I am asking this so I do not have to rewrite these interfaces from scratch when we migrate.

I always select the options to install iSQLPlus when installing an Oracle 9i database. Hopefully HTML DB is just an extention of this. :-)

Thanks very much for your advice,

Michael42 Received on Mon Dec 26 2005 - 12:25:55 CST