Re: Oracle 10g R2

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:19:02 -0500

"Alex" <prova_at_microsoft.com> wrote in message news:LlUqf.14701$eD5.232330_at_twister2.libero.it...
> Hi
> I am download a free copy of new database Oracle 10g R2 from Oracle site.
> This is my question:
> "I can install and use a database Oracle 10g R2 without any payment??? Or
> must
> purchase license??
>
> Thank you for answer.
>
> I want to be a new database Oracle's user.
>
> Alex

yes, no payment - but you should read the licensing agreement to which you must click 'agree' when downloading the SW

short story:

traditional download is licensed for evaluation and the development of a single prototype application
the new XE version is totally free, but is limited in database size (4g) and number or processors (1)

++ mcs Received on Fri Dec 23 2005 - 09:19:02 CST