Re: Simple Hardware solution for RAC testing

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:57:07 GMT

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:02:47 -0800, sagyvolkov wrote:

> So you mean with that if i'll buy two Perc3/DC (One for each server)
> and connect it to my JBOD, this should enough for a RAC solution? (Both
> Servers will see the same partitions and ASM will pick it).
> Or do i must purchase the Powervault 220S and use the Perc3/DC?

No.

I mean that setting up a SCSI-based infrastructure that can be used as the shared disk for RAC requires SCSI adapter cards that comply with the need to provide autotermination and dual-ending capability. And Perc3/DC seems to be one of the few cards that can handle this.

I mean that using Perc3/DC cards eliminates one area of troubleshooting.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com