Editing documents and saving to database

From: Jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:36:10 -0000

Hi, in our application a user is able to retrieve a dcoument (typically MS Word in terms of its origin and mimetype) from the system (this is a 9i / mod_plsql / iAS application running in a browser) and we display this in a browser window. A user has asked if they can edit the document and then "save it back to the database" perhaps under a different name.

My guess is that this is probably possible but perhaps not with the technology we are using at the moment (see sig).

Any suggestions?

--
jeremy

We use Oracle 9iR2 on Solaris 8 with the Oracle HTTP Server and
mod_plsql