Re: Oracle Express, Go To Database Home Page problem

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 00:33:57 GMT

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:28:26 -0600, Turkbear wrote:

> Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Turkbear wrote:
>>
>>Oracle Database XE comes with it's own built in http listener. It
>>doesn't need an external one (although one can be used). The problem so
>>far for the OP is that the database is not registering with the
>>listener. Once it does we will see entry's for both TCP/IP and HTTP.

> But, IIRC, the http service is still a windows service and may need to be started - if it is set to autostart and does not,
> then there is some problem that needs to be resolved ( probably will have entries in the event log)
>
> It sounds like, from the OP's messages, that he does not have any http service running at 8080..
>
> Twins: Try just connecting to http://localhost:8080
>
> Or use your PCs actual IP address or name

The http service is actually dbms_epg running in the database. It tells the Oracle listener to monitor for connection requests on a port (8080).

In sqlplus, you want to run

 select gethttpport() from dual;

to determine the port that should be used for http requests.

OP's problem is either something is intercepting the port, the listener is not aware which port is to be used, or epg is not responding to the listener requests for connection.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com