Re: 600 Gb migration from Sun to Aix in 8 hrs

From: <dominica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2005 16:58:12 -0800

Hi Kris,

Thanks for "posting", it is interesting to know (I always curious ,how long it take to import that big data.
And I understand, I have different hardware as you. But nice to know).

I am current using the same disk as you (I think). I am using the hitachi san too.

Someday, I might have to move the oracle off from SUN to Linux platform. (this is my guessing only)

Though, if I finish upgrade my production db to oracle 10g r2, I could use
transportation tablespace to move off to a different platform, instead of running export and import.

My db is around 300Gig.

Dominica Received on Mon Dec 12 2005 - 18:58:12 CST