Re: Oracle Express, Go To Database Home Page problem

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:28:26 -0600

Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net> wrote:

>Turkbear wrote:
>
>Oracle Database XE comes with it's own built in http listener. It
>doesn't need an external one (although one can be used). The problem so
>far for the OP is that the database is not registering with the
>listener. Once it does we will see entry's for both TCP/IP and HTTP.

But, IIRC, the http service is still a windows service and may need to be started - if it is set to autostart and does not, then there is some problem that needs to be resolved ( probably will have entries in the event log)

It sounds like, from the OP's messages, that he does not have any http service running at 8080..

Twins: Try just connecting to http://localhost:8080

Or use your PCs actual IP address or name Received on Mon Dec 12 2005 - 13:28:26 CST