Re: JPMorgan Chase to strengthen offshoring to India

From: HeyBub <heybubNOSPAM_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:27:32 -0600

dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I read all the times in news that Americans (US citizens) are falling
> behind in Science and Technology compared to many other countries. In
> some international competition (whatever is that worth), American
> team was 28th or so.

And this is worrisome how?

> By off shoring high tech jobs, US companies will make sure that this
> trend widens. US companies keep killing those of us who spent many
> years abd big bucks leaning science and technology in USA. Don't be
> under the
> impression that it is only some routine jobs which will be offshore.
> With declining enrollment in Science and Engineering,
> there will not be many American skilled citizens left in these areas.
> As someone said, there will be only two kinds of people left - those
> who are CEO's and those who are unemployed

That's the goal!

America full of CEOs and the rest of the world full of workers. It's not rocket surgery.

Besides, enrollment in law schools more than makes up for the decline in science.

> As for Indians being more loyal to companies is definitely not true.
> I recently met someone from IBM India who had come from Bangalore. In
> last 2 years he had changed 6 jobs in different companies constantly
> increasing his salary. Only loyal people are those who come here on H1
> visa and cannot find job elsewhere,

Actually, they are virtually prohibited from finding work elsewhere - they risk losing their visa. Clever, eh? Received on Sun Dec 11 2005 - 20:27:32 CST