SQL joins on multiple tables in a trigger

From: sb <sonali.bhavsar_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Dec 2005 18:49:45 -0800

Hi,

I am new to oracle and I am facing a dilemma for now. I have 4 tableslaid out in a following fashion.

Table 1: Primary Key User_ID maps to table 2 's user_id and profile_id Table 2: Has 2 primary keys user_id and profile_id Table3: Uses table 2's profile id and has an additional column desc Table 4:Is triggered by Table 1 (where the trigger is defined) to populate duplicate fields in Table 4. Now in Table 4 I have to retrieve Profile_ID and Desc from Table 3 via table 2 which has the user_id unique to both table 1and table 2. As the trigger exists in table 1and profile_id is not present in Table 1, I need a join to gather this info.

My questions are:
Can I create nested triggersto gather info during a trigger from various tables?
What about cursors?Do I need multiple cursors as well?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Received on Sun Dec 11 2005 - 20:49:45 CST