Re: PGA AND SGA structures

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 18:12:52 GMT

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 09:28:05 -0800, serge wrote:

> I have been reading the ORACLE fundamentals 1 book and I am just not
> being able to find enough information on this issue. I'd like to know
> if both the SQL areas of PGA and Library cache from SGA are capable of
> storing binding information and parse trees.
> if a pl/sql procedure is issued, in a dedicated server configuration
> where would the bind variable values be stored and where would the
> parse information be stored?
> Also, if the same procedure is issued, but on a shared server
> configuration where would the bind information and parse information be
> stored (what part of the SGA)?

I think you are referring to the UGA. The UGA is part of the PGA in dedicated server 'mode' and moved to the SGA in shared server 'mode'.

And, since the 'mode' depends on how you requested the connection (and how the server prov ided the connection), you can end up with a mix of UGA in SGA and UGA in PGA.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com