password file on rac

From: <qnxodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Dec 2005 15:13:57 -0800

Version 10g R1, RH3u6 Linux, two node RAC, separate oracle homes

When I issue the commands:
login oracle_at_host1
sqlplus / as sysdba
alter user sys identified by foo;
exit

Next, at Linux OS on ***each host***:

ls -al $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/orapw*
(check date)

When I altered my sys password (tested using same passwd value) the password file was only written on the instance where I logged in.

Does this mean if I change the SYS password on a RAC system I have to log in every instance and repeat the process? (else my password files in separate homes may contain the wrong password)

I did not find anything on Metalink, docs or google, but I may have missed something.

Comments welcome.

Regards,

Mike Received on Tue Dec 06 2005 - 17:13:57 CST