Re: Oracle Taking Control

From: <dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2005 09:47:45 -0800

I seem to see off and on threads in this news group where there is ugly discussion on Developers vs DBA. I was lucky to work in a company for many years where I got to work both as a developer and DBA . However, I had to leave the company and find a new job. I found putting all my skills on my resume did not get me a job for quite a while because developers did not want someone who also has DBA skills, and DBA groups were uncomfortable in hiring someone who knows development. It is sad state of affairs and shows how people politics and desire to control always has predominance over what one knows.

After that I removed all my developments skills when applying for a DBA job and vice versa. Luckily I found a DBA job. Good for me my new job does not have many developers because we use canned application, but once in a while I do find opportunity to write Java code to develop interfaces with other systems.

It is disgusting to see such threads and I hope people become more open minded as well there are jobs which encourage many skills instead of stenotype roles of DBA and developer. Received on Sun Nov 06 2005 - 11:47:45 CST