Re: Oracle Taking Control

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 6 Nov 2005 10:48:25 -0800

# dbaplusplus_at_hotmail.com wrote:
#> It is disgusting to see such threads and I hope people become more
open
#> minded as well there are jobs which encourage many skills instead of
#> stenotype roles of DBA and developer.

Dba++ I think you are not understanding the backgrounds of the posters.

Many of us including Noons ( I believe ) have years of development experience on large enterprise applications.

There unfortunately is a strong emphasis on many of the younger developers on just throwing together some code quickly.

Many or most of them don't understand relational design. Many don't have more than a minimal experience in coding SQL.

Many of us do enjoy teaching and helping people grow. It is impossible however to teach people who believe that they either know it all or that the implications of storing data and retrieving it efficiently are important.

I think that's what you are missing here that context. Received on Sun Nov 06 2005 - 12:48:25 CST