Re: Oracle needs to be restarted to accept new connections

From: Oracle Software Owner <oracle_at_linux.site>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:02:23 +0100

David,

Try a strace tnsping <database>. If you see something like this : read(6, 0x1003D6606, 2064) (sleeping...)

then, as Matthias said, it could be something wrong with your network/DNS settings. When the problems occur, does a nslookup <machinename> also gives problems?
How do you resolve your databases? onames? tnsnames? hosts?

regards,

Ivan