Re: Beginners list

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:09:18 GMT

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 07:03:47 -0800, Peter Nolan amused us by writing:

> Hi Mladen,
> my suggestion is to just ignore the folks who make derogatory
> remarks......it seems they make such remarks to make themselves feel
> somehow superior to the person they are criticising......it is not just
> this group....and it's not just beginners...I've been in IT since 1982
> and I wrote my first RDBMS in 1985 yet it seems I still come in for
> quite a few derogatory comments myself.... ;-)

As do we all.

Like you, I started with RDBMSs in the early 80s (ERM-DBs in '79 and programming years before that). And like you, I have been recipient of 'derogatory comments'. And I have been the source of some myself ...

I support your comment to 'just ignore ...' but disagree with your interpretation of the reason.

Sometimes it is simply because we read too much into the words. Sometimes there is no criticism, just a statement, and we decide that it is somehow 'personal'.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com