Re: Beginners list

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 2 Nov 2005 09:03:32 -0800

>> Sometimes it is simply because we read too much into the words. Sometimes
>> there is no criticism, just a statement, and we decide that it is somehow
>> 'personal'.

I fully agree. Internet newsgroups and/or forums, by their very nature, are notoriously easy places for misunderstandings to occur. Based on the fact that usually one is communicating with someone halfway around the world, who you've probably never met, and whose first language may not be English, it's hardly surprising more misunderstandings don't take place.

However, I do think that some of our more "misunderstood" posters should occasionally take the time to re-read what they've just typed, then pause and think about potential misinterpretation before pressing the send button. Received on Wed Nov 02 2005 - 11:03:32 CST