Re: How to determine database market share?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:01:40 GMT

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 07:56:30 -0700, DA Morgan interested us by writing:

> I don't buy hammers based on marketshare.
> I don't buy books based on marketshare.
> I don't watch movies based on marketshare.
> I don't buy my socks based on marketshare.
> And I have a lower opinion of anyone that does than I do of this thread.

Perhaps not you.

But many do. Witness the popularity of 'designer jeans', 'google for it', 'It must be true, I saw it on CNN' and anything that is used or bought on brand.

The use of branding is simply a tool within the marketshare bag of tricks. If you brand it and then get everyone to refer to it as 'THE' thing in the market it has the mind share and therefore the relevant marketshare.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com