Re: Update by rownum

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 06:58:39 -0700

"daniellopez21" <daniellopez21_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129641859.033801.223030_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... I have 2 tables....

The table SGI_AC_ABONADOS_CMT_GUIA have 2 columns; column_a and column_b. (the column_b is empty)

The table MY_TEMP have 1 column; columnc_c

I want put the vaules of column_c in column_b. I can't join 2 tables by any column.

The 2 tables have 5.580 rows. I want put the first value of column_c on the first value of column_b, the second vaule of column_c on the second value of column_b, etc etc

Sorry , but my english is bad, very dab :p

Thanks กก

Your English is good enough that I understand what you want to do. However, what you are doing is updating a column at random. Rownum is just the order the rows appear in the result set. Rownum has nothing to do with the order of the rows in the table. (so joining on rownum makes no sense) If the sql statement does not have an order by then the order of the rows is random and can change from one running of the statement to another. Jim Received on Tue Oct 18 2005 - 08:58:39 CDT