Re: Update by rownum

From: Daniel <danielroy10junk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Oct 2005 05:36:35 -0700

I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve. Your example gives me the impression that you want to update a column (a.conmodif) with a completely random record value in another table (b.codmodif). Don't you want to first find the "correct" record in table b? Currently, based on your logic, the order of records fetched from b is purely random (based on the order they are stored in the heap table, or the index if one is used). Even if this is indeed what you try to achieve, your condition WHERE b.rownum = a.rownum would only work for the first record. You would need an "inline view" to fix this. Let me know if you require more details.

Daniel Received on Tue Oct 18 2005 - 07:36:35 CDT