Oracle not acepting further new connections

From: DavidDublin <davidcotter_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Oct 2005 05:06:19 -0700

Hi,

(Oracle 9i Linux)

I have seven Tomcat webapps running - each with its own connection pool typically with a 2 or 3 connections each.

I also access the DB from Toad on my desktop.

Occasionally Toad or one of the webapps can't get a connection from Oracle and just times out. I'm pretty sure it's not leaking cursors or connection (which in any case will usually get a jdbc exception). Also the exisiting connection that were established seem to be OK.

I didn't see anything in the Oracle logs but I'm not sure what and where to look. Can anyone suggest a way to debug this by adding extra logging in Oracle or such. Received on Wed Oct 05 2005 - 07:06:19 CDT