Re: 8i SQL Plus Edit Question

From: Tim Marshall <TIMMY!_at_PurplePandaChasers.Moertherium>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:14:06 -0230

fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:
> Tim Marshall wrote:
>

>>Server 8.1.7.4.0, SQL Plus 8.1.7.0.0 I'm trying to see if SQL PLus can

> All of these run in SQL*Plus; your file, per se, wasn't truncted, just
> the lines exeeding 255 characters (I believe that is the line length
> limit).

Perhaps that was the cause. What appeared to be happening, though, was as soon as a line was truncated, none of the following lines were allowed. Does that sound right?

In my apps, I construct SQL strings from VBA. I will pay attention to the character length of lines the next time - it sounds like that will probably take care of things.

Thanks David, I appreciate the response.

--
Tim    http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
^o<