Re: FREE Oracle 9i/10g Administration Made Simple (PDF, complete)

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2005 07:24:01 -0700

I'm quite aware of that, and it is one of the main reasons why the quality of Oracle support has sunken below zero. Also those support analysts are often quite rude. Do you follow Metalink? Do you know how many forum threads end up in zero, because an Indian Oracle support analyst refuses to answer the question, and resorts to 'cover your ass' tactics? Or should I recall that support analyst consistently using my last name (as is customary in this forum too), because couldn't pronounce my first name, despite hearing it several times. In my country, if someone start using the last name of a person, he intends to humiliate that person.

Your remark about Walmart is telling. Evidently I'm not American (as could by now be quite well known), so I luckily don't have the chance to buy any Walmart product ever. And I know the circumstances in many Chinese factories can be quite easily labeled as slavery, at least not conforming to US and European work regulations.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA