Re: Oracle 9i on Fedora 4

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:43:29 +0200

Paulos wrote:
> I have been given the job of installing Oracle 9i Rel 2 on an Intel box
> running Fedora Core V4.
>
> Does anyone out there know if this is possible and if so where I can find
> some info. I have already tried an install but it failed straight away with
> some missing packages however an attempt to get some of the missing packages
> failed beacause they were not compatible with some other packages.......
>
> This is beginning to look complex and time consuming and I do not wantr to
> spend days trying only to have to say in the end that I can't do it.
>
> TIA
>
> Paul

Why would you use FC4? FC4 it targeted at the Workstation market, and the brave customers on top of that. FC releases every 6 months Do yourself a favor, and install White Box Linux (Red Hat 3 in disguise); you'll have none to almost none issues while installing. Server releases appear once every 2 years, approx. and aim for stability, not the latest drivers for yet another graphics board

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...