Re: OracleService does not start. Please help

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:44:25 GMT

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:18:50 +0200, RC interested us by writing:

> Yeah, I paid al lot for that version. Ok, a few years ago, but still.
> If it works, it works fine.
> It worked fine before. There must be some reason it doesn't start.

You changed the operating system and (in this case) that means you changed some of the internal workings of the operating system. Why do you expect an old version of Oracle that was built before the current Microsoft APIs to continue working when those APIs could have been changed?

This is a bit like: you bought a kit-car and dropped a great motor into it. A few years later you decided to swap out the kit car (but keep the motor, 'cause it works great) and now complain - to the original motor manufacturer - that the motor wont fit the new kit's motor mounts.

SYbrand's suggestion is valid ... upgrade to a version of ORacle that is designed to work with the version of the operating system. OR downgrade your operating system.

However, if you are lucky you might be able to get it working by using the information in the alert.log, possibly the system log (application events viewer) or other bdump log files.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com