newbie queston: why would anyone use Oracle?

From: PJ6 <nobody_at_nowhere.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:53:43 GMT

I spent years developing with SQL Server, now I'm learning Oracle. It's like twice as expensive, seems to me a lot harder to maintain. I never ran into something I couldn't do in MS SQL - why exactly would anyone go through the extra expense and hassle of using Oracle instead? I'm not asking to get anyone mad - I'd just like to know a bit more about how Oracle is different (and supposedly better) to make my transition make a little more sense.

TIA,
Paul Received on Wed Sep 21 2005 - 09:53:43 CDT