Re: [8i] Compress data before it leaves oracle server?

From: Oracle Software Owner <oracle_at_linux.site>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:50:57 -0600

It's not clear to me how you are accessing the remote database : sqlplus client? You talk about '... to package the file up using pl/sql...' What dou you mean by that?
Maybe you could try to use ssh with compression enabled to tunnel your sqlnet traffic. Take a look at http://www.akadia.com/services/ssh_connect_tunnels.html for more information.

kind regards,

Ivan