How to accessing columns of a query-result by index

From: <jmayer_at_ratundtat.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2005 02:07:22 -0700

Hi there!

In PL/SQL, I want to access the columns of my resultset by index. I'm dreaming of something like this:

for rec_data in cursor (select * from postal_address) loop

       dbms_output.putline(rec_data%column(i));

   end loop;

end loop;

To avoid misunderstandings: the expressions "rec_data%colcount" and rec_data%column(i) are only existing in my fantasy, i just want to know if it's possible to examine the unkown structure of resultset to handle the resultset in a dynamic way.

Any ideas ?

Using Oracle 9i, release 9.2.0.3.0

Jens Received on Tue Sep 20 2005 - 04:07:22 CDT