oracle 10g on Windows XP nightmare...

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:20:27 +0200

Hi1
For testing purposes I tried to install oracle 10g (R2) on my XP notebook. Apart from having to upgrade to 1G and installing that loopback thingie there are a whole lot of processes running, perl, four javas and lots more Is there a list of which processes are supposed to run and which are caused by me experimenting around with different ways to install? Or, the other way round, what do I have to stop in order to truly kill the database?
Also, the listener shows a lot more services than it ought to. Looks like every database I tried to create is listed there, even if it isn't in the listener.ora. Deleting the databases with dbca doesn't change that. Where do databases get registered on Windows XP?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Mon Sep 19 2005 - 09:20:27 CDT