Re: Career Advise - Database Management

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 15 Sep 2005 06:32:57 -0700

Noons wrote:

> > $6,000 for an OCP course is outrageous.
>
> I've said it many times here and in other places:
> the ONLY thing OCP has achieved is to make a lot of
> companies providing this kind of service very, very rich.
>
> Talk about giving Oracle an aura of very high TCO,
> difficult to learn product: 6 grand! What a joke!
>
> Can't someone at Oracle SEE they're shooting themselves
> in the foot with this ludicrous thing and just PUT AN END
> to it? It's been going on long enough. What a crock...

Actually many/most of the companies in the US that were specializing in certification and computer training have gone the way of the buffalo since the year 2000.

The community colleges have taken over the role of providing most of this education.

There are many community colleges that participate in the Oracle Workforce initiative. Prices vary considerably each each workforce partner sets the cost. Received on Thu Sep 15 2005 - 08:32:57 CDT