Re: Career Advise - Database Management

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 15 Sep 2005 00:46:42 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> Mark C. Stock wrote:
>
> > corporate instructor lead training goes for from $420 up to $550 or more per
> > seat per day these days -- so at the low-end, $6k would covers about 14 days
> > at 'standard' rates -- some 'boot camp' courses are listed for $9,495 for 14
> > days, including meals and accomodations
>
> On the basis that no one is going to apply for a Visa and move to the
> US because I post this I will speak from experience.
>
> University of Washington Oracle program: 9 months: Less than $2,000.
>
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group: all day hands-on classes with each
> student getting their own server: ~$450/day.
>
> $6,000 for an OCP course is outrageous.

I've said it many times here and in other places: the ONLY thing OCP has achieved is to make a lot of companies providing this kind of service very, very rich.

Talk about giving Oracle an aura of very high TCO, difficult to learn product: 6 grand! What a joke!

Can't someone at Oracle SEE they're shooting themselves in the foot with this ludicrous thing and just PUT AN END to it? It's been going on long enough. What a crock... Received on Thu Sep 15 2005 - 02:46:42 CDT