Oracle 10G Schedule Backup Fails

From: DBL R <rramson_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Sep 2005 08:15:45 -0700

I'm using OEM 10G to schedule a backup with my username which has sysdba privileges. The backup fails with the message: Unable to perform the backup because the database is closed. I know the database is up and running because I can log into it. Any ideas why this isn't working? Any place to point me to that will give me more information on how this piece works, the Oracle documentation that I've read is not very detailed. Received on Tue Sep 13 2005 - 10:15:45 CDT